webMathematica "dot dot" directory traversal
|webmathematica-dot-directory-traversal (9373)||Low Risk|
webMathematica could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the Web server. A remote attacker can send a specially-crafted URL containing "dot dot" sequences (../) to traverse directories and view any file on the system.
This vulnerability has been fixed in the current version of webMathematica. Contact Wolfram Research for the updated version.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Jun 17 2002 - 11:22:09 CDT: Directory Traversal in Wolfram Research's webMathematica.
- Wolfram Research: webMathematica.
- BID-5035: Wolfram Research webMathematica File Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0926: Directory traversal vulnerability in Wolfram Research webMathematica 1.0.0 and 18.104.22.168 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the MSPStoreID parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 9055: webMathematica MSPStoreID Parameter Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- US-CERT VU#664323: webMathematica discloses the contents of arbitrary files when file is requested using the absolute path
- Apple Macintosh
- Wolfram Research webMathematica 4.0 Amateur
- Wolfram Research webMathematica 4.0 Professional
Jun 17, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this