Cisco ONS15454 TCC LAN interface denial of service
|cisco-ons-tcc-dos (9377)||Medium Risk|
Cisco ONS15454 optical transport hardware running Cisco ONS is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. If a remote attacker sends packets with non-zero Type of Service (TOS) bits in the header to the Timing Control Card (TCC) LAN interface, the attacker can reset the TCC LAN interface on the Cisco ONS15454 hardware, essentially leaving no active TCC in the platform.
Note: The attacker must have an IP connection to the TCC LAN interface in order to send the malformed packets.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Cisco ONS software (3.2.1 or later), as listed in Cisco Security Advisory: Cisco ONS15454 IP TOS Bit Vulnerability. See References.
- Cisco Systems Inc. Security Advisory, 2002 June 19 at 1500 UTC: Cisco ONS15454 IP TOS Bit Vulnerability.
- BID-5058: Cisco ONS15454 Non-Zero TOS Bit Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0952: Cisco ONS15454 optical transport platform running ONS 3.1.0 to 3.2.0 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (reset) by sending IP packets with non-zero Type of Service (TOS) bits to the Timing Control Card (TCC) LAN interface.
- OSVDB ID: 5045: Cisco ONS Non-Zero IP Reset DoS
- Cisco ONS 15454 Optical Transport Platform 3.1.0
- Cisco ONS 15454 Optical Transport Platform 3.2.0
Jun 19, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this