WebBBS followup allows remote attacker to execute commands
|webbs-followup-execute-commands (9378)||Medium Risk|
WebBBS could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary Perl commands. WebBBS fails to properly filter for shell metacharacters in the 'webbbs_post.pl' script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by embedding Perl commands in the "followup" variable, which would then be executed by the 'webbbs_post.pl' script.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Jun 18 2002 - 13:39:58 CDT: WebBBS 5.0 (andlater versions) vulnerable: allow commands execution via "followup" bug .
- BID-5048: WebScripts WebBBS Remote Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1993: webbbs_post.pl in WebBBS 4 and 5.0 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands via shell metacharacters in the followup parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 3513: WebScripts WebBBS webbbs_config.pl Remote Command Execution
- Extropia WebBBS 5.0 and prior
Jun 18, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this