YaBB invalid thread topic error page cross-site scripting
|yabb-invalid-thread-xss (9408)||Medium Risk|
YaBB (Yet Another Bulletin Board) is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker can create a specially-crafted URL link, containing malicious script, to a thread topic that does not exist, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once the link is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal a victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Jun 21 2002 - 10:08:24 CDT: [AP] YaBB Cross-Site Scripting vulnerability.
- YaBB Web site: Welcome to YaBB.
- BID-5078: YaBB Invalid Topic Error Page Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0955: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in YaBB.cgi for Yet Another Bulletin Board (YaBB) 1 Gold SP1 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary script as other web site visitors via script in the num parameter, which is not filtered in the resulting error message.
- OSVDB ID: 9234: YaBB YaBB.cgi num Parameter XSS
- YaBB YaBB 1 Gold SP1 and prior
Jun 21, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this