DPGS "dot dot" directory traversal could allow attackers to read or write to files
|dpgs-dotdot-directory-traversal (9414)||Medium Risk|
Duma Photo Gallery System (DPGS) could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the Web server, caused by improper validation of user-supplied form field values. A remote attacker could supply a form field value containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) to traverse directories and view or write to arbitrary files on the server.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Jun 22 2002 - 00:59:35 CDT: DPGS allows any file to be overwritten.
- DPGS Web site: Duma Photo Gallery System.
- BID-5081: DPGS Form Field Input Validation Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1411: Directory traversal vulnerability in update.dpgs in Duma Photo Gallery System (DPGS) 0.99.4 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via .. (dot dot) sequences in the id parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 6192: Duma Photo Gallery System update.dpgs Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- Ilia Lobsanov DPGS (Duma Photo Gallery System) 0.99.4
Jun 22, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this