AnalogX SimpleServer:Shout invalid request buffer overflow
|analogx-simpleserver-shout-bo (9427)||High Risk|
AnalogX SimpleServer:Shout is vulnerable to a buffer overflow caused by improper bounds checking of invalid requests. By sending an overly long invalid request to TCP port 8001, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the server to stop responding.
Upgrade to the latest version of SimpleServer:Shout (1.02 or later), available from the AnalogX Web site. See References.
- AnalogX Web site: Network Downloads: SimpleServer:Shout.
- Foundstone Security Advisory FS-062502-22-AXSH: Buffer Overflow in AnalogX SimpleServer:Shout.
- BID-5104: AnalogX SimpleServer:Shout Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1000: Buffer overflow in AnalogX SimpleServer:Shout 1.0 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service and execute arbitrary code via a long request to TCP port 8001.
- OSVDB ID: 3782: AnalogX SimpleServer:Shout Invalid Request Overflow
- AnalogX SimpleServer Shout 1.0
Jun 25, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this