Infoblox NetMRI login.tdf script command execution
|infoblox-cve20143418-command-exec (94449)||High Risk|
Infoblox NetMRI could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system, caused by the improper validation of input by the login.tdf script. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the skipjackUsername parameter to execute arbitrary commands on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Infoblox NetMRI (6.8.5 or later), available from the Infoblox NetMRI Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Jul 09 2014 - 09:04:34 CDT : OS Command Injection Infoblox Network Automation.
- Infoblox NetMRI Web Site: Network Performance Monitoring and Network Change Automation -Infoblox.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [07-10-2014]: Infoblox 188.8.131.52 - OS Command Injection.
- Packet Storm Security [07-09-2014]: Infoblox 6.8.4.x OS Command Injection.
- BID-68471: Multiple Infoblox Network Automation Products CVE-2014-3418 OS Command Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2014-3418: config/userAdmin/login.tdf in Infoblox NetMRI before 6.8.5 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands via shell metacharacters in the skipjackUsername parameter.
- Infoblox NetMRI Infoblox NetMRI 6.8.4
Jul 09, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.