Lil" HTTP Server urlcount.cgi REPORT cross-site scripting
|lilhttp-report-urlcount-xss (9445)||Medium Risk|
Lil' HTTP Server is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could embed malicious script using the REPORT functionality of the urlcount.cgi sample file, which could be used to execute arbitrary script within a victim's Web browser in the security context of the site running the Lil' HTTP Server.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Jul 08 2002 - 12:06:07 CDT: Technical Details of Urlcount.cgi Vulnerability.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Jun 26 2002 - 12:48:37 CDT: ALERT: Lil'HTTP Server (Summit Computer Networks).
- BID-5115: Summit Computer Networks Lil' HTTP Server URLCount.CGI HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1008: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in PowerBASIC urlcount.cgi, as included in Lil' HTTP web server, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary web script in other web browsers via a request to urlcount.cgi that contains the script, which is not filtered when the REPORT capability prints the original request.
- OSVDB ID: 8391: Lil'HTTP Server urlcount.cgi XSS
- Summit Computer Networks Lil' HTTP Server 2.1
- Summit Computer Networks Lil' HTTP Server 2.2
Jun 26, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this