AnalogX Proxy malformed HTTP request buffer overflow
|analogx-proxy-http-bo (9455)||High Risk|
AnalogX Proxy is vulnerable to a buffer overflow caused by improper handling of malformed HTTP requests. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP proxy request to TCP port 6588, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with privileges of the Proxy daemon or cause the server to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of AnalogX Proxy (4.12 or later), available from the AnalogX Web site. See References.
- AnalogX Web site: Network Downloads: Proxy /// AnalogX.
- Foundstone Labs Security Advisory FS-070102-23-AXPR: Buffer Overflow in AnalogX Proxy.
- BID-5138: AnalogX Proxy Socks4A Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BID-5139: AnalogX Proxy Web Proxy Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BID-514: Microsoft Windows Invalid IGMP Header DoS Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1001: Buffer overflows in AnalogX Proxy before 4.12 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service and possibly execute arbitrary code via (1) a long HTTP request to TCP port 6588 or (2) a SOCKS 4A request to TCP port 1080 with a long DNS hostname.
- AnalogX Proxy 4.0
- AnalogX Proxy 4.0.1
- AnalogX Proxy 4.0.2
- AnalogX Proxy 4.0.3
- AnalogX Proxy 4.0.4
- AnalogX Proxy 4.0.5
- AnalogX Proxy 4.0.6
- AnalogX Proxy 4.0.7
Jul 01, 2002
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.