Adobe Macromedia Sitespring malformed Sybase database engine request denial of service
|sitespring-sybase-dos (9458)||Medium Risk|
Macromedia Sitespring is vulnerable to a denial of service attack when Sitespring is used with a Sybase database engine. If a remote attacker sends a specially-crafted request to the database engine port, the attacker could cause the database engine to stop responding, which would cause the Web server to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Macromedia Web site: Macromedia - Sitespring.
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Mon Jul 01 2002 - 04:03:31 CDT: KPMG-2002028: Sitespring Server Denial of Service. (From Neohapsis archive)
- BID-5132: Macromedia Sitespring Database Engine Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1026: Macromedia Sitespring 1.2.0 (277.1) using Sybase runtime engine 126.96.36.1990 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a long malformed request to TCP port 2500, possibly triggering a buffer overflow.
- OSVDB ID: 6642: Macromedia Sitespring on Sybase Runtime Engine TCP Port 2500 Overflow DoS
- Macromedia Sitespring 1.2.0
Jul 01, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this