PHPAuction could allow an attacker to create an administrative account
|phpauction-admin-account-creation (9462)||Medium Risk|
PHPAuction could allow a remote attacker to create an arbitrary administrative account, caused by a vulnerability in the /admin/login.php file. A remote attacker could use this file to create a new administrator's account and gain administrative access to the PHPAuction site.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Jul 02 2002 - 10:42:43 CDT: PHPAuction bug.
- PHPAuction Web site: PHPAUCTION.ORG.
- BID-5141: PHPAuction Unauthorized Administrative Access Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0995: login.php for PHPAuction allows remote attackers to gain privileges via a direct call to login.php with the action parameter set to insert
- OSVDB ID: 5034: Phpauction login.php Insert Username Privilege Escalation
- phpAuction phpAuction 1.3
Jul 02, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this