Blackboard login.pl cross-site scripting
|blackboard-login-xss (9467)||Medium Risk|
Blackboard is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could embed malicious script within parameters in a URL to the login.pl script and possibly other scripts, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site once the link is clicked.
No remedy available as of February 1, 2014.
- Blackboard Web site: Welcome to Blackboard.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Jul 01 2002 - 13:44:25 CDT: CSS in blackboard.
- BID-5137: Blackboard Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1007: Cross-site scripting vulnerabilities in Blackboard 5 allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary web script via (1) the course_id parameter in a link to login.pl, (2) the CTID parameter in ProcessInfo.cgi, or (3) the Message parameter in index.cgi.
- OSVDB ID: 4458: BlackBoard Inc BlackBoard login.pl course_id Parameter XSS
- Blackboard Blackboard 5.0
Jul 01, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this