Betsie parserl.pl cross-site scripting
|betsie-parserl-xss (9468)||Medium Risk|
Betsie (BBC Education Text to Speech Internet Enhancer) is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could embed malicious script within a URL link to the parserl.pl script, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site once the link is clicked.
Upgrade to the latest version of Betsie (1.5.12 or later), available from the BBC Web site. See References.
- BBC Web site: Betsie Download Page.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Jul 01 2002 - 02:42:28 CDT: PTL-2002-03 Betsie XSS Vuln.
- BID-5135: Betsie Parserl.PL Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1006: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in BBC Education Text to Speech Internet Enhancer (Betsie) 1.5.11 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary web script via parserl.pl.
- OSVDB ID: 5031: BBC Education Text to Speech parser.pl XSS
- BBC Betsie 1.5.11 and prior
Jul 01, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this