ArGoSoft Mail Server "dot dot" directory traversal
|argosoft-dotdot-directory-traversal (9477)||Medium Risk|
ArGoSoft Mail Server could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the Web server. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted request containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) to the Webmail server to traverse directories and access arbitrary files on the server.
Upgrade to the latest version of ArGoSoft Mail Server Plus or Pro (22.214.171.124 or later), available from the ArGoSoft Web site. See References.
- ArGoSoft Mail Server Web site: ArGoSoft Mail Server.
- ArGoSoft Web site: List of Recent Changes, July 03, 2002, v126.96.36.199. (Fixed security problem with the Webmail Reverse Directory Traversal, discovered by team n. finity (Plus and Pro versions).)
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Jul 03 2002 - 00:32:54 CDT: Argosoft Mail Server Plus/Pro Webmail Reverse Directory Traversal.
- BID-5144: ArGoSoft Mail Server Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1004: Directory traversal vulnerability in webmail feature of ArGoSoft Mail Server Plus or Pro 188.8.131.52 and earlier allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via .. (dot dot) sequences in a URL.
- OSVDB ID: 5032: ArGoSoft Mail Server URL Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- ArGoSoft ArGoSoft Mail Server Plus and Pro 184.108.40.206 and prior
Jul 03, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this