MyWebServer long URL buffer overflow
|mywebserver-long-url-bo (9501)||High Risk|
MyWebServer is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By sending a URL request containing 1000 bytes or more to a vulnerable server, a remote attacker can overflow a buffer and cause the server to crash or execute arbitrary code on the server.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Foundstone Security Advisory FS-070302-24-MWSX: Buffer Overflow in MyWebServer.
- MyWebServer Web site: MyWebServer Home.
- BID-5184: MyWebServer GET Request Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1003: Buffer overflow in MyWebServer 1.02 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long HTTP GET request.
- OSVDB ID: 6660: MyWebServer GET Request Remote Overflow DoS
- MyWebServer MyWebServer 1.0.2
Jul 03, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this