WatchGuard Firebox DVCP denial of service
|firebox-dvcp-dos (9509)||Medium Risk|
WatchGuard Firebox is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker could send a malformed packet to the Dynamic VPN Configuration Protocol (DVCP) listener service on TCP port 4110 to cause the DVCP service to crash. The firewall must be rebooted for the service to regain normal functionality.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of WatchGuard Firebox firmware (6.0.b1140 or later), available from the WatchGuard LiveSecurity Service Web site. See References.
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Tue Jul 09 2002 - 07:57:54 CDT : KPMG-2002030: Watchguard Firebox Dynamic VPN Configuration . (From Neohapsis archive)
- WatchGuard LiveSecurity Service Web site: LiveSecurity Service.
- BID-5186: WatchGuard Firebox Dynamic VPN Configuration Protocol Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1046: Dynamic VPN Configuration Protocol service (DVCP) in Watchguard Firebox firmware 5.x.x allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a malformed packet containing tab characters to TCP port 4110.
- OSVDB ID: 5004: WatchGuard Firebox DVCP Malformed Packet DoS
- WatchGuard WatchGuard Firebox 5.x.x
Jul 09, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this