BadBlue malformed GET request denial of service
|badblue-get-dos (9528)||Medium Risk|
BadBlue is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker could send a malformed GET request to a vulnerable Web server that does not specify a file name to cause the Web server to crash. The server must be restarted to regain normal functionality.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BadBlue Web site: BadBlue Product Suite.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Jul 12 2002 - 19:50:16 CDT: Three BadBlue Vulnerabilities.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Jul 08 2002 - 22:36:34 CDT: ALERT: Working Resources BadBlue #2 (DoS, Heap Overflow).
- BID-5187: Working Resources BadBlue Get Request Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1023: BadBlue server allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via an HTTP GET request without a URI.
- OSVDB ID: 8612: BadBlue Malformed GET Request Remote DoS
- Working Resources BadBlue Personal Edition 1.7.3
Jul 09, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this