Fluid Dynamics Search Engine "Rank" and "Match" cross-site scripting
|fd-search-xss (9533)||Medium Risk|
Fluid Dynamics Search Engine is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could create a malicious URL link to the search.pl script containing script embedded within HTML tags in the "Rank" or "Match" parameters, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser in the security context of the hosting site, once the link is clicked.
Upgrade to the latest version of Fluid Dynamics Search Engine (2.0.0.0055 or later), available from the Fluid Dynamics Web page. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Jul 10 2002 - 10:48:09 CDT: XSS Hole in Fluid Dynamics search Engine.
- Fluid Dynamics Web site: Fluid Dynamics Search Engine.
- BID-5199: Fluid Dynamics Search Engine Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1036: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in search.pl for Fluid Dynamics Search Engine (FDSE) before 2.0.0.0055 allows remote attackers to execute web script via the (1) Rank or (2) Match parameters.
- OSVDB ID: 9230: Fluid Dynamics Search Engine search.pl Multiple Parameter XSS
- Fluid Dynamics Software Fluid Dynamics Search Engine 2.0.0.0054 and prior
Jul 10, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this