RealOne Player Gold and RealJukebox2 RJS skin file download and execution
|realplayer-rjs-file-download (9539)||Medium Risk|
RealNetwork RealOne Player Gold could allow a remote attacker to cause a file to be automatically downloaded and executed on a victim's computer. A remote attacker could create a malicious RJS file with a skin.ini file containing script embedded within HTML tags that could be made to automatically download and execute on the victim's computer. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by creating a malicious Web page or sending a victim a malicious HTML email that could either cause the RJS file to be opened automatically or provide a URL link that would cause the malicious RJS file to be opened when clicked.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system, available from the RealNetworks Web site. See References.
- RealNetworks Web site: RealNetworks Support: Buffer Overrun Exploit.
- SPS Advisory #47: RealONE Player Gold / RealJukebox2 skin file download vulnerability.
- BID-5210: Real Networks RealJukebox Predictable File Extraction Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1015: RealJukebox 2 220.127.116.110 and 18.104.22.1689, and RealOne Player Gold 22.214.171.1245, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary script in the Local computer zone by inserting the script into the skin.ini file of an RJS archive, then referencing skin.ini from a web page after it has been extracted, which is parsed as HTML by Internet Explorer or other Microsoft-based web readers.
- OSVDB ID: 5037: RealJukebox/RealOne RJS Archive skin.ini Arbitrary Script Execution
- US-CERT VU#888547: Real Networks RealONE Player vulnerable to arbitrary command execution via crafted html in the skin file
- Real RealJukebox 2 126.96.36.1990
- Real RealJukebox 2 188.8.131.529
- Real RealJukebox 2 Plus 184.108.40.2060
- Real RealJukebox 2 Plus 220.127.116.119
- Real RealONE Player 1_build_18.104.22.1685 Gold
Jul 12, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this