Popcorn mail client denial of service
|popcorn-mail-dos (9547)||Medium Risk|
Popcorn is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker could send a malicious email with a malformed or overly long Subject: field or a malformed Date: field to cause the Popcorn client to crash.
Denial of Service
Download and install the latest version of Popcorn, or at least version 1.24 (06-Sep-2002) from the Ultrafunk Web site. See References.
- Auriemma Luigi, PivX Security Advisory - Popcorn: Popcorn vulnerabilities.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jul 11 2002 - 14:16:49 CDT: Popcorn vulnerabilities.
- Ultrafunk Web site: Ultrafunk: Products/Popcorn.
- BID-5212: Ultrafunk Popcorn Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2002-1043: Ultrafunk Popcorn 1.20 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a malformed Subject (\t\t).
- CVE-2002-1044: Buffer overflow in Ultrafunk Popcorn 1.20 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via a long Subject field.
- CVE-2002-1045: Ultrafunk Popcorn 1.20 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a malformed Date field that is converted into a year greater than 2037.
- OSVDB ID: 9913: Ultrafunk Popcorn Malformed Subject Field DoS
- OSVDB ID: 9914: Ultrafunk Popcorn Malformed Date Field DoS
- OSVDB ID: 9915: Ultrafunk Popcorn Subject Field Overflow
- Ultrafunk Popcorn 1.20 and prior
Jul 11, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this