Lil" HTTP Server pbcgi.cgi cross-site scripting
|lilhttp-pbcgi-xss (9548)||Medium Risk|
Lil' HTTP Server is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could embed malicious script within a URL request to the pbcgi.cgi script, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser in the security context of the hosting site, once the link is clicked.
No remedy available as of February 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jul 11 2002 - 10:58:23 CDT: Lil'HTTP Pbcgi.cgi XSS Vulnerability.
- BID-48031: Lil' HTTP Server 'pbcgi.cgi' Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- BID-5211: Summit Computer Networks Lil' HTTP Server pbcgi.cgi Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1009: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in PowerBASIC pbcgi.cgi, as included in Lil' HTTP web server, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary web script in other web browsers via the (1) Name or (2) E-mail parameters.
- OSVDB ID: 8392: Lil'HTTP Server pbcgi.cgi name Parameter XSS
- Summit Computer Networks Lil' HTTP Server 2.1
- Summit Computer Networks Lil' HTTP Server 2.2
Jul 11, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this