CARE 2002 user-supplied include statements could be used to read files
|care2002-include-read-files (9552)||Medium Risk|
CARE 2002 could allow a remote attacker to read files. If the register_globals option is enabled and the magic_quotes_gpc option is disabled, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request containing NULL characters (%00) in include statements, which would allow the attacker to view any file on the server readable by the HTTP process.
Upgrade to the latest version of CARE 2002 (1.0.02 or later), when it becomes available from the CARE 2002 Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Jul 12 2002 - 08:27:55 CDT: Several problems in CARE 2002.
- CARE 2002 Web site: CARE 2002.
- BID-5218: CARE 2002 Unsafe File Include Input Validation Error
- CVE-2002-0998: Directory traversal vulnerability in cafenews.php for CARE 2002 before beta 1.0.02 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via .. (dot dot) sequences and null characters in the lang parameter, which is processed by a call to the include function.
- OSVDB ID: 9054: CARE 2002 cafenews.php lang Parameter Arbitrary File Access
- Intellin (Elpidio Latorilla) CARE 2002 1.0.01 and prior
Jul 12, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this