IBM Tivoli Management Framework TMR ManagedNode buffer overflow
|tivoli-tmr-managednode-bo (9556)||High Risk|
IBM Tivoli Management Framework is vulnerable to a buffer overflow in the TMR ManagedNode daemon. By sending a specially-crafted GET request containing a long character string to the TMR ManagedNode daemon listening on port 94, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the TMR ManagedNode daemon to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of IBM Tivoli Management Framework (4.1 or later), when it becomes available from the Tivoli Web site. See References.
A vendor-supplied workaround is available for registered customers at the following location: http://www.tivoli.com/secure/support/documents/security/mgt-fwk-http-vul.html .
- IBM Web site: IBM Tivoli Management Framework.
- Tivoli Web site: Tivoli Management Framework.
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Mon Jul 15 2002 - 10:21:33 CDT: Tivoli TMF ManagedNode Buffer Overflow. (From Neohapsis archive.)
- BID-5233: IBM Tivoli Management Framework ManagedNode Buffer Overrun Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1012: Buffer overflow in web server for Tivoli Management Framework (TMF) ManagedNode 3.6.x through 3.7.1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service or execute arbitrary code via a long HTTP GET request.
- OSVDB ID: 6768: IBM Tivoli Management Framework ManagedNode Web Server GET Request Remote Overflow
- IBM Tivoli Management Framework 3.6
- IBM Tivoli Management Framework 3.6.1
- IBM Tivoli Management Framework 3.7
- IBM Tivoli Management Framework 3.7.1
Oct 02, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this