BadBlue ext.ini plaintext passwords
|badblue-plaintext-passwords (9558)||Medium Risk|
BadBlue Personal Edition stores account passwords in plain text in the ext.ini file. An attacker could use this vulnerability to obtain user passwords, if the attacker could gain access to this file.
No remedy available as of February 1, 2014.
- BadBlue Web site: BadBlue Product Suite.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Jul 12 2002 - 19:50:16 CDT: Three BadBlue Vulnerabilities.
- BID-5228: Working Resources BadBlue Plain Text Password Storage Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1022: BadBlue server stores passwords in plaintext in the ext.ini file, which could allow local and possibly remote attackers to gain privileges.
- OSVDB ID: 8611: BadBlue ext.ini Cleartext Password Storage
- Working Resources BadBlue Personal Edition 1.7.3
Oct 02, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this