Oddsock Song Requester long CGI parameter could crash Winamp
|oddsock-song-requester-dos (9585)||Low Risk|
Oddsock Song Requester could allow a remote attacker to cause a denial of service against Winamp. By passing an overly long parameter to any of the Song Requester CGI scripts, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and cause Winamp to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Jul 16 2002 - 05:31:23 CDT: Outpost24 Advisory: Oddsock PlaylistGenerator Multiple BufferOverlow vulnerability.
- Oddsock Web site: SongRequester Winamp Plugin.
- BID-5248: Oddsock Song Requester WinAmp Plugin Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1028: Multiple buffer overflows in the CGI programs for Oddsock Song Requester WinAmp plugin 2.1 allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via long arguments.
- OSVDB ID: 6769: Song Requester Winamp Plugin request.cgi Multiple Variable Overflow DoS
- oddsock.org Oddsock Song Requester 2.1
Jul 16, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this