Adobe Macromedia Sitespring 500error.jsp cross-site scripting
|sitespring-500error-xss (9588)||Medium Risk|
Macromedia Sitespring is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could create a specially-crafted URL link to the 500error.jsp script containing embedded script, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once the link is clicked.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- Macromedia Web site: Macromedia - Sitespring.
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Wed Jul 17 2002 - 04:31:55 CDT: KPMG-2002032: Macromedia Sitespring Cross Site Scripting . (From Neohapsis archive)
- BID-5249: Macromedia Sitespring Default Error Page Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1027: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in the default HTTP 500 error script (500error.jsp) for Macromedia Sitespring 1.2.0 (277.1) allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary web script via a link to 500error.jsp with the script in 1the et parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 9231: Macromedia Sitespring 500error.jsp et Parameter XSS
- Macromedia Sitespring 1.2.0
Jul 17, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this