Easy Homepage could allow an attacker to gain unauthorized access
|easy-homepage-gain-access (9696)||High Risk|
Easy Homepage Creator and Advanced Easy Homepage Creator do not validate a user's access level. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by gaining access to another user's Web page to make modifications.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Jul 27 2002 - 14:56:27 CDT : Easy Homepage Creator Vulnerability.
- Easy Scripts Archive Web site: Easy Scripts Archive.co.uk.
- BID-5340: Ben Chivers Easy Homepage Creator File Modification Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1427: The print_html_to_file function in edit.cgi for Easy Homepage Creator 1.0 does not check user credentials, which allows remote attackers to modify home pages of other users.
- OSVDB ID: 14536: Easy Homepage Creator edit.cgi Arbitrary User Page Manipulation
- Easy Scripts Archive Advanced Easy Homepage Creator 1.0
- Easy Scripts Archive Easy Homepage Creator 1.0
Jul 27, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this