Easy Guestbook could allow an attacker to gain unauthorized access
|easy-guestbook-gain-access (9697)||High Risk|
Easy Guestbook does not validate a user's access level. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by logging in as an administrator to delete guestbook entries. It is also possible for an attacker to use this vulnerability to access the config.cgi to modify the administrator's password.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Jul 27 2002 - 14:58:55 CDT : Easy Guestbook Vulnerabilities.
- Easy Scripts Archive Web site: Easy Scripts Archive.co.uk.
- BID-5341: Ben Chivers Easy Guestbook Administrative Access Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1410: Easy Guestbook CGI programs do not authenticate the administrator, which allows remote attackers to (1) delete entries via direct access of admin.cgi, or (2) reconfigure Guestbook via direct access of config.cgi.
- OSVDB ID: 14531: Easy Guestbook admin.cgi Unauthenticated Entry Deletion
- OSVDB ID: 14532: Easy Guestbook config.cgi Unauthenticated Configuration Change
- Easy Scripts Archive Easy Guestbook 1.0
Jul 27, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this