dotproject specially-crafted cookie could allow administrative access
|dotproject-admin-access (9720)||Medium Risk|
dotproject could allow a remote attacker to bypass authentication and gain unauthorized administrative access to the system. A remote attacker can send a specially-crafted cookie to bypass authentication and login as an administrator.
No remedy is available as of July 2002.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Jul 28 2002 - 22:19:14 CDT : php dotProject by pass authentication .
- dotmarketing.org Web site: ::dotmarketing.org::.
- BID-5347: DotProject User Cookie Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1428: index.php in dotProject 0.2.1.5 allows remote attackers to bypass authentication via a cookie or URL with the user_cookie parameter set to 1.
- OSVDB ID: 3591: dotProject User Cookie Authentication Bypass
- dotmarketing dotProject 0.2.1.5
Jul 28, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this