Ipswitch IMail Web Calendaring (iwebcal) empty Content-Length POST denial of service
|imail-iwebcal-content-length-dos (9722)||Medium Risk|
Ipswitch IMail is vulnerable to a denial of service attack in the Web Calendaring service. If a remote attacker sends a malformed POST request with an empty "Content-Length" header to the Web Calendaring service, the attacker can cause the service to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of June 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Jul 30 2002 - 10:28:37 CDT : IPSwitch IMail Advisory #2 .
- BID-5365: IPSwitch IMail Web Calendaring Incomplete Post Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1077: IPSwitch IMail Web Calendaring service (iwebcal) allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via an HTTP POST request without a Content-Length field.
- OSVDB ID: 9101: Ipswitch IMail Web Calendaring Content-Length DoS
- Ipswitch IMail Server 7.11
Jul 30, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this