shoutBOX $site variable could allow HTML injection
|shoutbox-site-html-injection (9739)||Medium Risk|
shoutBOX, maintained by Entity.Community, is vulnerable to HTML injection. The $site variable, which holds the URL of the user's Web site does not properly filter HTML tags. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by embedding malicious HTML script code, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once an affected page is visited.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Jul 29 2002 - 18:52:30 CDT: Code injection Vulnerability in endity.com's shoutBOX.
- endity Web site: endityDOTcom enter forums.
- BID-5354: ShoutBox Form Field HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1429: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in board.php of endity.com ShoutBOX allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary HTML into the shoutbox page via the site parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 8034: ShoutBOX board.php $site Variable XSS
- Endity shoutBOX 1.2
Jul 29, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this