Double Choco Latte (DCL) upload functions could be used to read files
|dcl-file-upload (9742)||Medium Risk|
Double Choco Latte (DCL) fails to properly validate if the file, file_name, file_size, and file_type of an image file were set by an upload or by a POST command. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to read any file on the system that is readable by the Web server by tricking the Web server to process a local system file as if it were an uploaded file.
Upgrade to the latest version of Double Choco Latte (20020706 or later), available from the Double Choco Latte Web page. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Jul 14 2002 - 15:48:23 CDT: Double Choco Latte multiple vulnerabilities.
- Double Choco Latte Web site: DCL 20020706 STABLE Is Out!.
- CVE-2002-1038: Double Choco Latte (DCL) before 20020706 does not properly verify if a file was uploaded, which allows remote attackers to conduct certain operations on arbitrary files via the (1) Projects: Upload File Attachment or (2) Work Orders: Import features.
- OSVDB ID: 5842: Double Choco Latte Arbitrary File Retrieval
- Michael L. Dean Double Choco Latte prior to 20020706
Jul 06, 2002