Web Shop Manager search box could allow remote command execution
|webshop-manager-execute-commands (9817)||High Risk|
Web Shop Manager could allow a remote attacker to execute commands on the Web server, caused by improper validation of input to the Web Shop Manager's search box. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by inserting commands in the search box using the pipe "|" character to execute commands on the Web server.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- SecuriTeam Mailing List, SecurityNews 10 Aug 2002: Web Shop Manager Security Vulnerability.
- BID-5474: Webscriptworld Web Shop Manager Remote Arbitrary Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1461: Web Shop Manager 1.1 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands via shell metacharacters in the search box.
- OSVDB ID: 9791: iPROSITE Web Shop Manager Search Command Execution
- webscriptworld.com Web Shop Manager 1.1
Aug 10, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this