CERN HTTPD proxy server cross-site scripting
|cern-proxy-xss (9834)||Medium Risk|
CERN HTTPD is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could create a specially-crafted URL containing embedded script that could cause the proxy server to display an error page when the URL is clicked, which would cause the embedded script to be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of CERN HTTPD.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Aug 11 2002 - 18:41:40 CDT : CERN Proxy Server: Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability.
- W3C Web site: W3C Activity: The CERN server.
- BID-5447: W3C CERN httpd Proxy Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1445: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in CERN Proxy Server allows remote attackers to execute script as other users via a link to a non-existent page whose name contains the script, which is inserted into the resulting error page.
- OSVDB ID: 9004: CERN httpd Error Page XSS
- Anselm Baird-Smith CERN HTTPD 3.0A
Aug 11, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this