L-Forum "Enable HTML in messages" cross-site scripting
|lforum-html-message-xss (9838)||Medium Risk|
L-Forum is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. If the "Enable HTML in messages" option is enabled, a remote attacker could embed malicious script within the From, E-Mail, Subject, and Body fields of a message to cause the script to be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once message is viewed.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, available from the L-Forum Web site. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Tue Aug 13 2002 - 17:54:50 CDT: L-Forum XSS and upload spoofing.
- L-Forum Web site: L-Forum.
- SourceForge.net: [ 579278 ] Security holes.
- BID-5462: Leszek Krupinski L-Forum Message Header Script Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1458: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in L-Forum 2.40 and earlier, when the Enable HTML in messages option is on, allows remote attackers to insert arbitrary script or HTML via message fields including (1) From, (2) E-Mail, (3) Subject and (4) Body.
- CVE-2002-1459: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in L-Forum 2.40 and earlier, when the Enable HTML in messages option is off, allows remote attackers to insert arbitrary script or HTML via message fields including (1) From, (2) E-Mail, and (3) Subject.
- OSVDB ID: 9228: L-Forum HTML Message Multiple Field XSS
- L-Forum Project L-Forum 2.4.0
Aug 14, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this