L-Forum file upload function could be used to read files
|lforum-upload-read-files (9839)||Medium Risk|
L-Forum could allow a remote attacker to read files on the Web server. If a remote attacker sends an HTTP POST request with modified values in the global variables that refer to an uploaded file, the attacker could gain read access to any file on the Web server that is readable by the Web server.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, available from the L-Forum Web site. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Tue Aug 13 2002 - 17:54:50 CDT: L-Forum XSS and upload spoofing.
- L-Forum Web site: L-Forum.
- SourceForge.net: [ 579278 ] Security holes.
- BID-5463: Leszek Krupinski L-Forum File Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1460: L-Forum 2.40 and earlier does not properly verify whether a file was uploaded or if the associated variables were set by POST (attachment, attachment_name, attachment_size and attachment_type), which allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files.
- OSVDB ID: 14493: L-Forum Upload Form Arbitrary File Retrieval
- L-Forum Project L-Forum 2.4.0
Aug 14, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this