PHP-Affiliate details.php could be used to access and edit user account information
|phpaffiliate-details-account-access (9858)||Medium Risk|
PHP-Affiliate could allow a remote attacker to modify other affiliate's account details, caused by improper input validation in the details.php script. A remote attacker could modify the hidden user id field in the details.php script before submitting the form, which would allow the attacker to edit the account information of the specified user.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Aug 15 2002 - 16:08:37 CDT : Input validation attack in php-affiliate-v1.0.
- OrganicPHP Web site : OrganicPHP - Home of PHP-Affiliate.
- BID-5482: OrganicPHP PHP-Affiliate Details.PHP Hidden Field Authentication Bypassing Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1462: details2.php in OrganicPHP PHP-affiliate 1.0, and possibly later versions, allows remote attackers to modify information of other users by modifying certain hidden form fields.
- OSVDB ID: 10470: OrganicPHP PHP-Affiliate details.php Unauthorized Account Modification
- OrganicPHP PHP-Affiliate 1.0
Aug 15, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this