MyWebServer search request buffer overflow
|mywebserver-search-bo (9859)||High Risk|
MyWebServer is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By submitting an overly long search parameter to the search engine, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and cause the server to crash or execute code on the server.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- MyWebServer Web site: MyWebServer Home.
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Wed Aug 14 2002 - 14:40:55 CDT : new bugs in MyWebServer. (From Neohapsis archive)
- BID-5469: MyWebServer Search Request Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BID-547: WS_FTP Weak Stored Password Encryption Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1452: Buffer overflow in the search capability for MyWebServer 1.0.2 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long searchTarget parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 5523: MyWebServer searchTarget Command Execution
- MyWebServer MyWebServer 1.0.2
Aug 14, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this