MyWebServer long HTTP request cross-site scripting
|mywebserver-long-http-xss (9861)||Medium Risk|
MyWebServer is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could create an overly long URL request containing embedded script, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the host, once the link is clicked and a MyWebServer error page is displayed.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- MyWebServer Web site: MyWebServer Home.
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Wed Aug 14 2002 - 14:40:55 CDT : new bugs in MyWebServer. (From Neohapsis archive)
- BID-5470: MyWebServer Long HTTP Request HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1453: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in MyWebServer 1.0.2 allows remote attackers to insert script and HTML via a long request followed by the malicious script, which is echoed back to the user in an error message.
- OSVDB ID: 6659: MyWebServer Long URL Error Page XSS
- MyWebServer MyWebServer 1.0.2
Aug 14, 2002