SteelArrow chunked encoding .aro request heap buffer overflow
|steelarrow-chunked-aro-bo (9890)||High Risk|
SteelArrow is vulnerable to a buffer overflow in the function that handles chunked transfer encoding. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP GET request for an .aro file that uses chunked transfer encoding to a vulnerable Web server, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute code on the system with privileges of the IWAM account.
Contact Tomahawk Technologies, Inc. for upgrade or patch information. See References.
- NGSSoftware Insight Security Research Advisory #NISR19082002B: Multiple Remote Buffer Overruns TOMAHAWKS' STEELARROW.
- SteelArrow Web site: SteelArrow.
- BID-4860: Tomahawk Technologies SteelArrow Web Application Server Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- BID-5494: Tomahawk Technologies SteelArrow Cookie HTTP Header Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BID-5495: Tomahawk Technologies SteelArrow ARO File Request Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BID-5496: Tomahawk Technologies SteelArrow Chunked Transfer Encoding Heap Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1441: Multiple buffer overflows in Tomahawk SteelArrow before 4.5 allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via (1) the Steelarrow Service (Steelarrow.exe) using a long UserIdent Cookie header, (2) DLLHOST.EXE (Steelarrow.dll) via a request for a long .aro file, or (3) DLLHOST.EXE via a Chunked Transfer-Encoding request.
- Tomahawk Technologies SteelArrow 4.1
Aug 19, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this