FUDforum tmp_view.php script could allow a remote attacker to download files
|fudforum-tmpview-download-files (9896)||Medium Risk|
FUDforum fails to properly verify file paths. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request for an arbitrary file, which would cause information about the file to be returned in the HTTP headers of the reply. An attacker could then use this information to determine if the requested file is in existence and if it is downloadable, then connect to the Web server directly using Telnet or netcat to download the file.
Upgrade to the latest version of FUDforum (2.2.3 or later), available from the FUDforum Web site. See References.
- FUDforum Web site: FUD Forum.
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Sun Aug 18 2002 - 11:07:43 CDT : FUDforum file access and SQL Injection . (From Neohapsis archive)
- BID-5501: Ilia Alshanetsky FUDForum File Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1423: tmp_view.php in FUDforum before 2.2.0 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via an absolute pathname in the file parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 11377: FUDforum tmp_view.php file Parameter Absolute Path Arbitrary File Read
- Advanced Internet Designs FUDforum 2.0.2
Aug 18, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this