FUDforum adm/admbrowse.php script could allow an attacker to download and modify files
|fudforum-admnbrowse-modify-files (9901)||Medium Risk|
FUDforum could allow a remote attacker to download, create, and delete files and directories on the system. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by sending a specially-crafted URL request to the admbrowse.php script.
Note: The attacker must have FUDforum administrative privileges in order to exploit this vulnerability.
Upgrade to the latest version of FUDforum (2.2.3 or later), available from the FUDforum Web site. See References.
- FUDforum Web site: FUD Forum.
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Sun Aug 18 2002 - 11:07:43 CDT : FUDforum file access and SQL Injection . (From Neohapsis archive)
- BID-5502: Ilia Alshanetsky FUDForum File Modification Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1422: admbrowse.php in FUDforum before 2.2.0 allows remote attackers to create or delete files via URL-encoded pathnames in the cur and dest parameters.
- OSVDB ID: 11376: FUDforum admbrowse.php URL-Encoded Pathname Arbitrary File Modification
- Advanced Internet Designs FUDforum 2.0.2
Aug 18, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this