Kerio WebServer Webmail cross-site scripting
|kerio-webserver-webmail-xss (9905)||Medium Risk|
Kerio MailServer is vulnerable to cross-site scripting in the Webmail service. A remote attacker with a valid Webmail account could embed malicious script within a URL to one of the Webmail services, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser once the URL is clicked.
Download and install Kerio MailServer 5.1.7, released October 22, 2002 from the Kerio Technologies, Inc. Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Aug 27 2002 - 10:44:30 CDT: Re: Kerio Mail Server Multiple Security Vulnerabilities.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Aug 28 2002 - 19:35:56 CDT: Re: Kerio Mail Server Multiple Security vulnerabilities.
- Kerio Technologies, Inc. Web site: Kerio MailServer - Download Current version: 5.1.7.
- NSSI-Research Labs Security Advisory nssilabs-keriosecvuln : Kerio Mail Server 5.0 Multiple DOS and Cross-site scripting Vulnerabilities.
- BID-5507: Kerio MailServer Web Mail Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2002-1434: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in the Web mail module of Kerio MailServer 5.0 allow remote attackers to execute HTML script as other users via certain URLs.
- OSVDB ID: 6296: Kerio MailServer Web Mail Module XSS
- Kerio Kerio MailServer 5.0
Aug 19, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this