Novell NetWare Perl handler HTTP POST code execution
|netware-perl-code-execution (9916)||High Risk|
A vulnerability in Perl could allow a remote attacker to execute code on the system. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by sending arbitrary Perl code to the Web server using an HTTP POST request.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, as listed in Novell Technical Information Document 2963307. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Aug 20 2002 - 11:10:09 CDT: NOVL-2002-2963307 - PERL Handler Vulnerability.
- Novell Security Alert NOVL-2002-2963307: Perl Handler Vulnerability Patch.
- BID-5520: Novell NetWare HTTP Post Arbitrary Perl Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1436: The web handler for Perl 5.003 on Novell NetWare 5.1 and NetWare 6 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary Perl code via an HTTP POST request.
- OSVDB ID: 3717: Perl on Novell NetWare Web Handler Crafted POST Request Arbitrary Perl Code Execution
- Larry Wall Perl 5.003
- Novell NetWare 5.1
- Novell NetWare 6.0
Aug 20, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this