Blazix JSP source and protected folder content disclosure
|blazix-unauth-file-access (9952)||Medium Risk|
Blazix could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by improper validation of requests. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request for a known JavaServer Pages (JSP) file or to a protected folder appended with an "+" or "\" character, to bypass protection and obtain the source code of the requested JSP file or gain unauthorized access to the contents of the protected folder. An attacker could use this information to launch further attacks against the affected server.
Upgrade to the latest version of Blazix (1.2.2 or later), available from the Blazix Web site. See References.
- Blazix Web site: Download Blazix 1.2.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Aug 24 2002 - 15:20:59 CDT : Blazix 1.2 jsp view and free protected folder access .
- BID-5566: Blazix Special Character Handling Server Side Script Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- BID-5567: Blazix Password Protected Directory Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1451: Blazix before 1.2.2 allows remote attackers to read source code of JSP scripts or list restricted web directories via an HTTP request that ends in a (1) + or (2) \ (backslash) character.
- OSVDB ID: 10466: Blazix Trailing Character JSP Source Disclosure
- OSVDB ID: 10467: Blazix Trailing Character Protected Directory Listing
- Desiderata Software Blazix 1.2 and prior
Aug 24, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this