Abyss Web Server allows unauthorized admin console access
|abyss-admin-console-access (9957)||High Risk|
A vulnerability regarding the lack of authentication in the Web server's configuration directory in Abyss Web Server could allow a remote attacker to gain unauthorized access to the admin console to reconfigure the Web server?s settings.
Upgrade to the latest version of Abyss Web Server (1.0.3 Patch 3 or later), available from the Aprelium Technologies Web site. See References.
- Aprelium Technologies Web site: Patch for Abyss Web Server 1.0.3 released.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Aug 22 2002 - 16:18:08 CDT : Abyss 1.0.3 directory traversal and administration bugs .
- BID-5548: Abyss Web Server Administrative Console Unauthorized Access Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1080: The Administration console for Abyss Web Server 1.0.3 before Patch 2 allows remote attackers to gain privileges and modify server configuration via direct requests to CHL files such as (1) srvstatus.chl, (2) consport.chl, (3) general.chl, (4) srvparam.chl, and (5) advanced.chl.
- OSVDB ID: 3287: Abyss Web Server Crafted Filename Request Authentication Bypass
- OSVDB ID: 3375: Abyss Web Server Administration Console Authentication Bypass
- Aprelium Abyss Web Server 1.0.3 P2 and prior
Aug 22, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this