OmniHTTPd test.php and test.shtml sample cross-site scripting
|omnihttpd-test-sample-xss (9961)||Medium Risk|
OmniHTTPd is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of input to the test.php and test.shtml sample pages. A remote attacker could create a specially-crafted URL request containing malicious script embedded using hexadecimal URL encoded characters to one of the sample pages, which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the Web server, once the link is clicked.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Aug 25 2002 - 10:48:39 CDT : OmniHTTPd test.php Cross-Site Scripting Issue .
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Aug 25 2002 - 10:54:09 CDT : OmniHTTPd test.shtml Cross-Site Scripting Issue .
- Omnicron Technologies Web Site: OmniHTTPd.
- BID-5568: OmniHTTPD Sample Scripts Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Omnicron Technologies OmniHTTPd
Aug 25, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this